Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Left-Overs--Smith, age 3

I am not a horrible parent.  This knife is so dull it bounces off of Jell-o. 

I hesitate about including this picture because you will all feel bad that your kid is not as cute as mine. 

First zucchini of the year. 
Finished product (the zucchini) plus leftover pizza, tacos, cupcakes, broccoli-grapefruit slaw, etc. 

Smith's Take:  I wanted to make dinner so that I could be on the blog.  I cut the zucchini.  I didn't eat it. 

Amy's Take:  Saturday we did not have enough of anything to go around.  So, we had a few chicken tacos, leftover pizza, a zucchini and sugar snap pea stir-fry and a broccoli grapfruit slaw.  You are wondering about the broccoli-grapefruit slaw, aren't you?   I've been watching old episodes of "The Next Food Network Star" this week and felt the need to take a risk--staying at the top of my cooking game and all.  Plus, we had none of the  ingredients that I would normally put in a broccoli slaw (except the broccoli) and I really, really didn't want to go to the store. So, I used grapefruit.  It wasn't so bad.  But I'm not sharing a recipe.  It's a secret. I'm taking it to my grave. 

Other opinions:  They liked the reheated pizza.  And the stir-fry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment