Thursday, July 28, 2011

Applesauce Donuts--Sandra--age ten

 I gave Amelia the camera.  This was the only picture she took. 


Finished Produce with bouquet.  
Amy's Take:  I am the new,  proud owner of a FryDaddy.  Okay, that's a lie.  I am opposed to small appliances on principle and to fried foods in general.  Plus, I spent the summer of my 16th year as the fry girl at McDonalds and have never felt the need to repeat even a speck of that experience.  Eric has always wanted a FryDaddy.  It has always been the one point in our marriage where I've shown no willingness to compromise.  (That may be a lie also).  But I was teaching a class at the library on how to make egg rolls.  And their kitchen consists of a fridge and a coffee maker (not even a microwave).  I called around--surely someone else would own a fryer that you can plug into the wall?  And then I was at Wal-Mart and there they were.  $19.99.  And now we have one.  Eric is ecstatic--I think lording over the pot of hot oil is perhaps related to his pyromaniac tendencies I've seen around the camp fire. 
So, after that whole spiel, I should tell you about Sandra's doughnuts.  We used this  recipe we found online for applesauce doughnuts.  It was tasty, as doughnuts go.  And they got to use the FryDaddy..  Again.  Someday, when my children are contestants on the Biggest Loser,  they will have a heart to heart with their trainer and confess that all of their problems in life started when their mom bought a FryDaddy.  The guilt is overwhelming here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment