Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Potatoes and Peaches--Amelia--age 7

Digging for Potatoes. 

The Peaches.

Finished Product.
Amelia's Take:  I didn't like the meatloaf and potatoes.  I didn't make them even.  I did like the peaches, but it was hard to cut the pits out. 

Amy's Take:  My parents are visiting this week, so I planned some meals. My kids are not happy with this as they see that as their job.  Adding insult to injury, I have still been expecting them to cook.  Amelia was on board last night to dig up the new potatoes from the garden, but she rebelled in a rather spectacular way when she found out about the meatloaf I had planned ("I HATE MEATLOAF! I WON'T EAT MEATLOAF! I WON'T COOK MEATLOAF!)  So, I made the meatloaf and had her make dessert.  She cut up peaches and served them over peach sherbet.  She originally planned on peaches over mint chip ice cream, but sometimes we have to stifle our children's creativity.

1 comment: