Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chicken Ceasar Salad--Sandra age 10

Blatant Product Placement.

So Easy. 

Taking a Break.

Finished Product. 
Sandra's Take:  It was a really good thing to eat on a hot day. 

Amy's Take:  I am not a big fan of processed, packaged foods.  Sometimes I make exceptions.  Like with ice cream.   And this summer I have also been liking these new bagged salads from Dole.  They have one with baby spinach, dried cherries, blue cheese and almonds that I really like.  My kids can open four or five packets of stuff and have a great salad with virtually no effort on my part.  On Monday Fareway had some of their Caesar salad mix  that were only two days from expiration, but still looked great and were 50 cents a bag.  Deal of the week for sure.  My one issue with these is that they come with too much dressing--so we took the Caesar dressing from one bag and marinated boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a ziploc bag with it.  Sandra pounded them flattish with a can of black beans (we are nothing if not high tech) and the she George Foremaned them.  After they were cooked she tore them up and added them to the rest of the salad mix.  It was a very tasty dinner for not much money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment