Friday, July 8, 2011

Applesauce "Cupcakes"--Smith age 3

Mixing.

Lesson learned today:  cupcake liners are easier to fill when they are lining a pan

Smith filled these ALL BY HIMSELF!
Finished Product and toy wrench. 

Smith's Take:  I want to say cheeseball about the muffins. 

Amy's Take: Smith had a plan this afternoon. He was inspired by the cupcake liners on the counter (I swear I do not know where they came from) and he wanted to make cupcakes. Apple cupcakes. So, we made applesauce muffins and called them apple cupcakes. We used a recipe from Family Fun Magazine   http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/easy-applesauce-muffins-683188/   It had good reviews.  I thought the baking soda was too much and too strong.  And I swear we put in the right amount.  So, we had these, corned beef hash and poached eggs over rice (seriously good--but definitely not pretty enough to serve company) for dinner. 

Other opinions:
Sandra:  They were delicious. 

1 comment: