Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sub Sandwiches--Smith age 3

So Proud. 
Amy's Take:  So, maybe this meal does not even merit a post.  Today was likely the hottest day we'll have this year.  97 (I think) and super humid.  Heat index of 110.  A stay inside and enjoy your air conditioning kind of day.  Too hot even for the pool.  And Smith and I had planned roast chicken for dinner.  Yikes.  So, we made an emergency trip to the grocery store.  Premade sandwiches, chips, hummus and sugary drinks (to restore our electrolyte levels or something).  My girls were shocked by the amount of junk I brought home (we also bought two boxes of Drumstick ice cream knock-offs).  We stuck everything in the fridge because it was 3:00 and Smith spent the next two hours whining about wanting to eat dinner.  At 4:58 he put everything on the table.  He was so proud of his dinner.  He even ate the Spinach-Artichoke hummus.  Even after he knew what it was.

2 comments:

  1. This is another one of my kinds of dinner. I love a garlic hummus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, love hummus. Compliment your chef there on an awesome meal. You rock, Smith!

    ReplyDelete