Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cheese Ravioli--Sandra age 10

Molly was today's photographer.  She calls this the lonely ravioli.

Ruining our camera with steam. 

Burning bowl of sauce. 

More?
Finished product. 

Sandra's take:  The best dinner I've had in weeks.  But there wasn't enough ravioli and rolls.  There were a lot of green beans left.  And no one really liked the sauce.  It was yummy!

Amy's take: After a few years of doing this Sandra has learned what meals require pretty much no effort.  She had this one all planned out.  Frozen cheese ravioli, canned sauce, Pillsbury garlic cresent rolls from a can and frozen green beans.  My kids love this meal.  And it takes six minutes to cook everything.  Last summer Amelia decided that we needed to make cheese ravioli from scratch.  We don't own a pasta maker (I am kind of anti-extra-appliances) so we rolled out the dough and she wanted circles and not squares and the only thing I could find to cut them with that was the right size of circle was a little plastic cup that at one point had a mango lassi from an Indian restaurant in it.  Cutting my tough dough with that stupendous (Smith thinks stupendous means really, really stupid so we are going with that for a while) plastic cup almost sent me in for carpal tunnel surgery.  It took us more than two hours to cut them all out.  It was nuts.  And other than being kind of tough they were exactly like Mama Rosie's. So, Amelia, if you are reading this--remember that your mother has, at some point, done something for you.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like my kind of meal. What brand of Ravioli do you like best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound good- and Sandra, I like your thinking about the quick and easy meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene--We used Mama somebodies. Maybe Rosa? I googled frozen ravioli when I was writing this and found that people have very strong opinions about the various qualities of frozen ravioli. Most we've tried have been pretty much the same as far as I'm concerned. I guess I have amateur taste buds.

    ReplyDelete