Saturday, August 13, 2011

Snickerdoodles--Smith age 3

Smith is one fierce cookie. 

Making the dough. 

Smooshing the cookies. 

Finished Product. 
Amy's Take:  I was gone most of the day  to an Iowa Art Quilters Meeting.  Eric was home with the kids.  When I got home, three of my kids ran to me saying "I'm hungry!!!"  even though I am pretty sure Eric fed them while I was gone.  The hardest thing on this no-shopping diet that I'm on this month is snacks.  My kids are ok with the occasional fresh tomato, but turn up their noses at a bunch of basil or a monster zucchini.  So, I've done a lot of baking lately.  We are almost half way through this month of no shopping and we are low on some things--namely chocolate and sugar.  And even raisins.  That limits our baking potential.  And the amount of joy in our household.  But you can pretty much always scrounge up the stuff to make snickerdoodles (at least this week we can--maybe not next week).  The recipe can be found here
         So, Smith helped me.  We had two bowls--a small blue one and a large red one.  We were putting the cinnamon-sugar mixture in the blue one and the cookie dough in the red one.  Several times he dumped things in the wrong bowl and we had to fish them out and put them in the right bowl.  Every time he would laugh and say "Oh, Well."  He has obviously not learned much yet about the value of following the recipe.  Or maybe he is right on, since they turned out just fine anyway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment