Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pigs in Green Blankets---Sandra age 10 and Smith age 3

The Green Dough.  This idea should be worth something. 
Wrapping up the sausages. 

The piggies (as Eric calls them).

Finished Product.  And happy about it. 

Sandra's Take:  These were like extra special pigs in blankets.  Pigs with green spots.  That's what I told Smith.

Amy's Take:  I am a woman obsessed.  With zucchini.  I had a zucchini omelet and zucchini muffin for breakfast, a zucchini sope for lunch (really), but tonight I thought I'd hit my limit. I didn't think I could eat one more bite of the green stuff.  But I'd done some research and found that adding zucchini to everything we eat is actually adding some good vitamins and even more important--I learned that a cup of zucchini has like 20 calories--so that has got to be a good filler for muffins and cakes and stir fry and such.  It  means that everything we eat these days is total spa food.  So, I attacked my pile of zucchini and added a cup of it to my pizza dough (and put some extra flour in to balance it out), rolled it out and Sandra and Smith rolled the dough around Lil' Smokie sausages to make pigs in blankets.  Pigs in green blankets, that is.  The zucchini in the dough  cancels out the fat in the sausage--right?  We served them with a side dish of zucchini.

Other Opinions:
Molly:  You put zucchini in this too?!
Eric:  Everything in this meal is zucchini?
Amelia:  Zucchini again??









1 comment:

  1. I should be obsessed with putting zucchini in everything, too, judging from the pile on my counter.

    ReplyDelete