Monday, June 12, 2017

Delight Donuts

We are now three days into our Utah trip (we're actually in Utah now) and have sampled five different doughnut places. Today, I will be posting about the second one we visited: Delight Donuts. Delight Donuts is in Kearney, Nebraska. My dad described it as a "Chinese doughnut shop"; there was a Buddha statue in the corner, which I unfortunately do not have a picture of. I do have a couple pictures of the outside, though:

The sign outside the shop. Plus a convertible.

DONUT

Our official overall scores for Delight Donuts are:
Average Doughnut Score: 14.4/15
Average Restaurant Score: 27/30

It scored very highly on everything. My parents especially were big fans.

Now the doughnuts! No pictures, sorry. (My parents and Amelia are all taking pictures, but Amelia's aren't sending to me, for some reason.) We only bought two types (standard glaze and chocolate glaze), but that was plenty because they were huge. I guess the winner was the chocolate glazed, at 14.5/15, but the other one scored a 14.3/15, so it wasn't a huge margin of victory.


Comments:

Restaurant:
Sandra's Take: "I like it."
Mom's/Amy's Take: I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. I would go there again. "We all got out and used their bathrooms, spent seven minutes discussing our order in front of their counter and then only ordered three doughnuts and they were still nice to us!"
Molly's Take (do I put this in quotes? I'm technically not quoting myself, but I'm also not paraphrasing myself): "I am not as big a fan of Delight Donuts as the rest of my family. Their doughnuts were good, but they were very standard doughnuts, which aren't my favorite. Although they did have a bunch of exciting frosting colors, none of which we bought."

Standard glaze:
Mom's/Amy's Take: "Ideal. . . .The size on those ones is nice."
Molly's Take: "I thought they were doughnut holes for nine hours until Mom finally corrected me."

Chocolate glaze:
Mom's/Amy's Take: "The glaze isn't quite there."


And a bonus story! We also visited the Buffalo Bill Ranch State Historical Park in North Platte, Nebraska.

None of us are touching the bridge's railing because it was super hot and we didn't want to get burned.

Sandra's expression is that of an authentic Wild West cowgirl.

Smith's expression is also very authentic. If you're not looking carefully, you could mistake him for Buffalo Bill riding Old Buckskin.

Mom's/Amy's Take: "We decided we needed to tie this into our doughnut theme, so we made up a story about how Annie Oakley would shoot the middles out of biscuits during her sharpshooting act to make doughnuts. This story loses something in writing it down--it was quite entertaining in person."
Sandra's Take: "North Platte? That's in Oregon Trail!"

No comments:

Post a Comment