Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini--Amelia age 7

Posing for a picture.

While the pasta boils over. 

And the chicken burns. 

It wasn't so green in real life.

Finished Product.  

Amelia's Take:  The sauce tasted kind of familiar.  Which was weird since it looked so strange.

Amy's Take:  Amelia wanted pasta tonight and found a box of linguini.  So, of course, I googled "linguini chicken zucchini"  and got Pesto Linguini with Chicken and Zucchini.  I decided that we should make it.  I had a few snags.  Mostly that I had linguini and chicken and zucchini and not much else.  So,I started with some homemade pesto (since we didn't have storebought) and we had fresh basil and olive oil and garlic, but I put in almonds instead of pinenuts (close enough, right?) and then got to the last ingredient--parmesan cheese.  We didn't have any.  I was going to throw in some Pepper Jack slices from the fridge, but it was moldy.  And what can you really use as a substitute for cheese?  Nothing .  I did add some salt. 
After that there was no use referring to the recipe anymore.  I cooked the chicken and deglazed the pan with some water and added that to my pesto that was still in the blender.  It was still lacking some so I put in a few ripe tomatoes too.  I blended that all up and poured it on top of the cooked chicken and zucchini.  It was actually great.  Really great. 

Other opinions:
Eric:  It was just fine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment